The Facility Manager will report to the Executive Director
Cicero & Martinsville, IN
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and growth in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
- Oversee facility property and grounds maintenance
- Ensure optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and equine safety
- Maintain a standard of excellence in all areas of the facility by ensuring a neat, clean, organized and safe environment for horses and people.
- Oversee contractors for facility improvements as needed
- Lead and directs the work of others including volunteers and volunteer service groups
- Facilitate intra-departmental communication and coordination as needed for overall program effectiveness.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of work service groups.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer and Community Relations Director to coordinate the details and logistics of all work service groups
- Oversee and manage all volunteers who wish to assist with facility maintenance
Documentation and Reporting
- Develop, maintain and supervise an appropriate maintenance schedule for all equipment, facility and site-related needs.
- Oversee and assist the Executive Director with maintaining an appropriate budget for facility maintenance. Responsible for managing the facility budget with utmost integrity and stewardship.
- Monitor all safety coordination for Agape’s facilities and grounds.
- Must be familiar with a variety of facility management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of tasks
- A wide degree of creativity, latitude, and stewardship of resources is expected
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Equine and horsemanship experience
- Personal maturity and the ability to cope with multiple tasks and challenges
- Strong desire to work as an effective team member
Team Management and Leadership Skills
Ability to work well with a team
Equine Health, Wellness, and Training