Riding Instructors report to the Program Director and work closely with the instructional staff, Program Coordinator, Equine Coordinator, Instructor Liaison, and Volunteer Coordinator.
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
- Meet with the Program Coordinator, Equine Coordinator, and Program Director as needed
- Communicate regularly with the instructional team regarding class progress, needs, successes, concerns, etc.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and Instructor Education sessions (2-3 hours per week, every other week)
- Oversee class volunteers, providing support and education as needed, and communicating concerns to the Instructor Liaison
- Monitor and support assigned interns, regularly updating the Program Director
- Continually monitor instructional area and enforce safety rules and procedures
- Design and implement individualized rider lesson plans including goals and objectives (1/2 hour per assigned lesson per week)
- Assist in conducting student assessments as needed
Documentation and Reporting
- Document client progress (1/2 hour per assigned lesson per week), communicating updates to caregivers as appropriate
- Maintain rider’s files
- Complete incident reports as needed and provide copies to the Program Coordinator
- Regularly school horses and document progress for the Equine Coordinator/Instructor Liaison (Minimum of 1 hour per week, maximum of two hours per week)
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the needs served by Agapé, contraindications, and effective interventions
- Assist in maintaining an organized facility
- Maintain a working knowledge of equine first aid, common ailments, and issues with soundness
- Monitor the health and behavior of Agapé’s equines, communicating any concerns to the Instructor Liaison
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Maintain PATH International Registered Instructor status (at minimum)
- Remain up to date on and adhere to PATH International standards and procedures
Ability to work well with a team
Able to follow through