Therapeutic Horseback Riding Services
Vision: We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
Mission: Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
The Accounting Clerk/ Office Coordinator will have primary responsibility for Agape’s accounts receivable and accounts payable management as well as responsibility for financial record keeping of donor transactions and fundraising campaigns and events. This position will also have responsibility for coordination of general business office functions such as supply management, technology management and other administrative duties.
Accounting Clerk Responsibilities:
- Manage Program billing and accounts receivable records including establishing new account records, timely billing for service, responding to participant billing questions and balance inquiries, monitoring bill balances through monthly review of outstanding AR reports, performing collection process when needed, and notifying programming when accounts are delinquent and services need to be evaluated for termination.
- Responsible for accurate, timely posting of all business payments (program receivable, donations, grants, fundraising events and other income sources) to appropriate QBO accounts per cash, check, credit card, EFT and Square logs provided by FOD.
- Responsible for maintaining donor records and entering donor gifts in Salesforce application and preparing reconciliation reports to QBO.
- Track sponsor and donor payments with Community Engagement Manager for fundraising events and campaigns.
- Assist FOD with tracking campaign/donation pledges, follow up and payment posting and record corresponding transactions in Salesforce.
- Assist with registration, cashiering and Agape swag sale at on-site fundraising events and Agape location customer special events.
- Responsible for accounts payable function by maintaining vendor records in accounts payable vendor system (bill.com), obtaining appropriate invoice approval, entering invoices in bill.com, assist FOD with error report resolution and prepare weekly invoice payment report for FOD. Collect paper credit card receipts from appropriate management staff and match to monthly credit card invoices for future audit purposes.
- Maintain a permanent file of all capital purchase invoices; corresponding contracts, approval documents and payments and maintain subsidiary ledger of capital purchase projects in process.
- Assist FOD with external third-party review and audits of financial records by pulling required records and performing assigned reconciliation of accounts.
- Complete general on-boarding new hire process by obtaining signatures on required new hire forms, review key Employee Handbook sections, complete required background checks and review applicable employee benefits and complete enrollment process.
- Maintain a log of employee effective dates for licensure/certifications, background checks and driver’s licenses and assure required renewals are completed and recorded prior to expiration dates.
- Maintain approved drive records and report changes to Insurance Agent, assist FOD with reporting and follow-up of Workman’s Compensation claims.
- Prepares donor thank you letters.
- Picks up mail daily from on-site mailbox, distributes mail to appropriate staff members, takes outgoing mail to the post office and maintains postage stamp inventory.
- Manage office supplies; including clerical supplies, paper products and cleaning supplies; and keeps all supplies organized and stocked
- Oversee & manage all apparel and merchandise inventory, ordering additional inventory as needed
- Assists program staff with answering and routing incoming phone calls on a back-up basis.
- Manages set up of phone system and office copies for employee access.
- Reports interruption in internet service immediately to the provider.
- Maintains computer hardware and software logs and works with third party technology vendors to assure set-up, maintenance and troubleshooting is performed on a timely basis.
- Assists ED with correspondence and report preparation as assigned.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Minimum Associates degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 1-2 years in an accounting clerk position
- Excellent technology proficiency or ability to learn, experience with web-based systems such as Google Suites, QuickBooks Online (QBO), bill.com and Salesforce preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality control in work projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks and high ability to manage time and work independently.