Therapeutic Horseback Riding Services
The Community Engagement Manager (CEM) is a new position that will oversee aspects of special events, communications, donor relations and annual fundraising. The CEM provides day-to-day leadership and management of Agape community engagement to ensure optimal communication with our stakeholders. The CEM is a proactive ambassador and champion for Agape, effectively communicating our mission, impact, and the benefits of therapeutic horsemanship programs.
We enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We’re motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually pushes us to be better and grow stronger. We’re looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. On top of that, we’re going to be pretty picky about your ability to organize, be accurate, and execute. Organization, details, and people skills will be crucial to doing this job well. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. We need a highly self-directed, process-oriented, collaborative teammate (that’s a lot of buzz words) committed to Agape’s mission and vision.
- Coordinate and manage annual signature fundraising events
- Manage event logistics, including but not limited to vendor arrangements, A/V services, entertainment, registration
- Assist with managing and finalizing guest list and sending event mailings
- Assist with cultivating relationships with event sponsors
- Coordinate sponsorship fulfillment
- Coordinate event committees and manage committee expectations and communications
- Collaborate with marketing on event planning and strategies
- Coordinate and manage annual campaign strategy and deliverables (peer-to-peer campaign, year-end fundraising appeal and day of giving)
- Coordinate and manage the monthly recurring donor program (The Saddle Club)
- Actively work with the Executive Director and marketing & development contractor to create and implement comprehensive development strategy to included increased support from individuals, corporate entities, foundations and churches/associations
- Assist in scheduling and preparing site visits for current and prospective funders
- Assist the Executive Director with donor engagement, prospecting and solicitation
- Ensure that special events hit target fundraising goals for the year
- Create and send monthly/quarterly e-newsletters to stakeholders using Mailchimp
- Manage Agape blog posts 1x/month
- Manage Agape’s social media
- Assist with all Agape external communications
- Serve, along with the Program Director and Executive Director, as Agape spokesperson in the event of a crisis situation and/or media relations request
- Manage all aspects of donor relations (thank yous, tours, donor events, open houses, etc.)
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating and connecting donors to our mission
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer appreciation strategy and events
Servant Leader & Culture Cultivator
- Lead by example. Be a servant-leader, always focused on how to serve your team members, stakeholders, and clients. Place servanthood and excellence above all else.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and learning through planning and incorporating various professional development opportunities.
- Upholds a high level of fiscal stewardship through engaging in financial and budgetary planning as it pertains to special events, communications and fundraising at Agape.
- Fosters teamwork, trust, respect and open communications among all staff.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy, modeling Agape’s philanthropic values in relationships with donors and champions of our mission.
- Assists with and attends all Agape events and required meetings.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in ideal subject matter (i.e. communications, philanthropy, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years professional communications, special event management and/or fundraising experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Loves managing multiple projects and tasks to completion
- Passionate about Agape’s mission
- Excellent organization skills and detailed oriented
- Knows how to build and maximize relationships via phone or email
- Goal-oriented and highly self-driven
- Strong creativity
- Able to work independently and self-motivated
- Willing to work special event hours
Benefits at Agape
- Genuine, caring, and collaborative dynamic team environment
- Amazing and supportive community stakeholders
- Flexible schedule and work environment
- Love horses? Love the outdoors? Love people? – we have all of that. Every. Single. Day.
- Jeans every day!
- Be a part of a unique mission where you witness incredible growth and healing through a loving, supportive environment unmatched anywhere else
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude
- Organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- High degree of initiative
- Savvy, mature and emotionally intelligent
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills