Responsible for facility building and grounds repairs and maintenance. Ensures optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and equine safety. Performs a variety of tasks.
$10-18/hr, dependent upon experience
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
This position reports to the Business Administration Director
Daily Barn Responsibilities
- Maintain a standard of excellence in all areas of the facility by ensuring a neat, clean, organized and safe environment for horses and people.
- Follow, and update as necessary, the facility maintenance schedule for all equipment, facility and site-related needs.
- Assist with implementation of work service groups as requested.
- Oversee and manage volunteers who wish to assist with facility maintenance as necessary.
- Vacuum barn aisle
- Replace light bulbs
- Drag indoor arena weekly
- Water indoor arena weekly
- Oversee and check on cleanliness of bathrooms, observation room, and kitchen weekly
- Take out trash indoors weekly
- Keep hand soap, toilet paper, and paper towels in bathrooms and kitchen stocked and filled
- Shovel sidewalks of snow when necessary
- Sweep sidewalks of debris and grass to keep walking areas clean
- Trim shrubs
- Spray weeds
- Maintain trails
- Maintain pastures
- Organize materials for work groups
- Supervise work groups
- Maintain gazebo
- Maintain fences
- Drag outdoor arena as needed
- Maintain equipment, excluding tack
- Arena Drag
- Load/unload hay as necessary to keep hay lofts stocked
- Install in spring and winterize in fall the pond fountain
- Maintain algae control of pond and waterfall
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have excellent organizational skills, personal maturity and the ability to cope with multiple tasks and challenges, and a strong desire to work as an effective team member. Desire to gain a working knowledge in the Equine Assisted Activities and Therapy field is encouraged.
- Personal maturity
- Ability to work independently with integrity
- Strong desire to work as an effective team member
Physically fit to handle labor
Oral/written communication skills
Attention to detail in work projects
Ability to learn