The Facilities Director is a key leadership team member who is responsible for all aspects of the barn, facility and property maintenance to ensure operational and presentation safety and excellence in mission delivery.
The time has come to add another superstar leader to our team as we continue to change the world with horses. The person in this role will develop, lead, and manage a comprehensive maintenance and beautification plan for three locations, collaborate with the Operations Director & Program Director to ensure that all facilities meet the needs of programs, equines, and services, as well as develop and manage the facility related items of the annual budget. The FD serves as a member of the leadership team, participating in all strategic, organizational decisions.
The Facilities Director ensures optimal functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and equine safety and manages a part-time facility assistant in the maintenance of the barn, grounds, and equine care. This person oversees contractors for facility renovations and repairs as needed and must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. The person filling this role must be very handy, mechanically inclined, personable, enjoy the outdoors, people, and animals, and have demonstrable experience managing a safe and beautiful property with very high standards. In addition, the Facilities Director works with our community partners to schedule, oversee, and manage service work groups. A wide degree of creativity, latitude, and stewardship of resources is expected in addition to a reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
At Agape, we enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We’re motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually pushes us to be better and grow stronger. We’re looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. Your ability to lead, develop, cultivate relationships, and execute on a plan will be extremely important. We need a highly self-directed, outcomes-oriented leader committed to Agape’s mission and vision.
Addition properties in Martinsville and Greenfield
Salary + Benefits
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
Facilities Management & Improvement Responsibilities
- Lead part-time Facility Assistant, providing clear objectives, projects and regular feedback
- Monitor all safety coordination for facilities and grounds and address identified needs
- Maintain a standard of excellence in all areas of the facility by ensuring a neat, clean, organized and safe environment for horses and people
- Manage and evaluate vendors pertaining to property repairs and maintenance such as trash removal, equipment repairs, etc
- Facilitate intra-departmental communication and coordination as needed
- Oversee execution, and update as necessary, the facility maintenance schedule for all equipment, facility and site-related needs
- Oversee the planning and implementation of work service groups
Management & Administrative
- Compose, communicate, and teach staff appropriate operational, safety, emergency and personnel policies and protocols
- Prepare and submit an annual budget for facilities to ED for review and approval, and manage annual operating budget, while reporting accurately on progress made and challenges encountered
- Serve on the Facility Committee with Board of Directors, prepare agendas, reports, and proposals for Board meetings, and others as requested
- Implement recommendations to improve processes and procedures
- Monitor organizational resources within facilities and equine care in collaboration with the Equine Manager
- Monitor budgeted financial performance benchmarks for facilities & equine care in collaboration with the Equine Manager
- Review financial reports to improve budgets and annual operating costs
- Coordinate with the Leadership team and Management team to align goals, make improvements, and strategize
- Motivate team members to exceed expected goals
- Build trust and long-term relationships with vendors and clients
Servant Leadership & Culture Cultivator Responsibilities
- Provide effective and inspiring servant-leadership, as well as stewardship of Agape staff, volunteers, riders, horses and donors.
- Model and exemplify an organizational culture that fosters passion for Agape’s mission, trust, accountability to results, excellence in service to all constituents, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common unified vision.
- Lead by example. Be a servant-leader, always focused on how to serve your team members and clients. Place servanthood and excellence above all else.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and learning through planning and incorporating various professional development opportunities for the team.
- Uphold a high level of fiscal stewardship through engaging in financial and budgetary planning as it pertains to programs and services at Agape.
- Fosters teamwork, trust, respect and open communication among program staff and all staff in general.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy, modeling Agape’s philanthropic values in relationships with stakeholders, donors and champions of our mission.
- Assists with and attends all Agape events and required meetings
PERKS, QUALIFICATIONS, & SKILLS
Perks at Agape
- Genuine, caring, and collaborative dynamic team environment
- Amazing and supportive community stakeholders
- Travel around central Indiana due to Agape’s multiple locations
- Flexible schedule and work environment
- Generous PTO, vacation and holiday benefits
- Love horses? Love the outdoors? Love people? – we have all of that. Every. Single. Day.
- Be a part of a unique mission where you witness incredible growth and healing through a loving, supportive environment unmatched anywhere else
- 3+ years applicable experience demonstrating hands-on ability to manage ranch or farm-like operations through a combination of tactical execution and contractor relationships
- Knowledge of EAA/T industry and farm/agricultural facility operations preferred
- Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
- Availability on some weekends
- Availability on-call as needed for remediation of emergency and weather-related situations
- Passionate about Agape’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy and values to external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision with considerable latitude for independent judgment and actions in day-to-day operations
- Able to make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Goal-oriented and organized servant leader
- Strong mechanical skill set required along with aptitude for electrical work, HVAC, carpentry, blueprint, site plan and part schematic reading
- Ability to operate many types of machinery, power tools and pull trailers required
- Ability to lift 70+ pounds repeatedly throughout the day, work in all types of inclement weather, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb ladders
- Demonstrated technical and computer proficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong aptitude for numbers and financial reports
- General equine care knowledge beneficial
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Exceptional people management and team building skills, including a demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and train entry-level employees