The Program Director is a key leadership team member who is responsible for overseeing Agape’s daily programs and enhancing internal processes to help us grow and fulfill our mission.
The time has come to add another superstar leader to our team as we continue to change the world with horses. The PD is responsible for operational excellence in mission delivery. The person in this role will lead and manage a comprehensive array of services and programs for three locations, taking responsibility for all program planning, organization, operation and staffing, as well as the development and management of the program aspects of the annual budget. This position directly oversees all participant programs and related administrative functions. The PD serves as a member of the leadership team, participating in all strategic, organizational decisions.
We enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We’re motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually pushes us to be better and grow stronger. We’re looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. Your ability to lead, develop, cultivate relationships, and execute on a plan will be extremely important. The ability to effectively communicate our mission and tell our story to engage donors to partner with us is critical. We need a highly self-directed, outcomes-oriented, team builder and leader (that’s a lot of buzz words) committed to Agape’s mission and vision.
Salary + Benefits
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
- Oversee all programs to ensure excellence in mission delivery and financial sustainability.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout all Agape’s program areas, while promoting regular and ongoing opportunities for all staff to give feedback on program.
- Oversee and make ongoing improvements to Salesforce outcome measurement system that provides the program with data to demonstrate its value to its students, funders and the community as a whole.
- Drive performance measures for the operation including dashboards to be used for review of high level key indicators.
- Responsible for the advancement of lesson quality including training, development and consistent evaluation.
- Lead the program performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against strategic goals for the organization.
- Execute and improve comprehensive performance management including direct communication of staff roles and responsibilities.
- Maintains & ensures accountability of program staff, coaches staff in development & execution of project plans & deadlines.
- Ensure the collection, recording, and updating of data that pertains to clients, volunteers, and equines.
- Ensure consistency, cohesiveness, and unity between the Agape locations.
- Ensure compliance with all PATH International standards and accreditation requirements and support interaction with PATH on a national level.
- Oversee new program implementation and measurement.
- Spearhead the selection and development of curriculum, tools, and formats for Agape’s educational programs.
- Strategically research, develop, and implement new ideas and concepts for innovative programs, collaborations and community partnerships to supplement Agape’s current programs.
- Work closely with the ED & Site Managers to market Agape’s programs.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Agape, making public presentations, and cultivating relationships with prospective community partners of Agape.
- Lead identification and development of new program opportunities responsive to marketplace interest and Agape strategic priorities.
- Work with ED to allocate, track and report grant funds related to programming.
Management & Administrative
- Oversee, and be responsible for the day to day program of all Agape locations and programs, including supervision of the Site Managers and ensuring adequate staffing, budget management, project deliverables.
- Handle participant complaints, rider discharges and other sensitive situations.
- Prepare and submit an annual program budget to ED for review and approval, and manage annual program budget, while reporting accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Providing constructive feedback as well as conducts formal written performance reviews annually.
- Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic planning processes with the ED and staff; successfully reach pertinent goals within the timeline outlined in the plan, including planning for future growth.
Servant Leadership & Culture Cultivator
- Provide effective and inspiring servant-leadership, as well as stewardship of Agape staff, volunteers, riders, horses and donors.
- Model and exemplify an organizational culture that fosters passion for Agape’s mission, trust, accountability to results, excellence in service to all constituents, open and frequent communication, teamwork, and a common unified vision.
- Lead by example. Be a servant-leader, always focused on how to serve your team members and clients. Place servanthood and excellence above all else.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and learning through planning and incorporating various professional development opportunities for the team.
- Uphold a high level of fiscal stewardship through engaging in financial and budgetary planning as it pertains to programs and services at Agape.
- Fosters teamwork, trust, respect and open communication among program staff and all staff in general.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy, modeling Agape’s philanthropic values in relationships with stakeholders, donors and champions of our mission.
PERKS, QUALIFICATIONS, & SKILLS
Perks at Agape
- Genuine, caring, and collaborative dynamic team environment
- Amazing and supportive community stakeholders
- Travel around central Indiana due to Agape’s multiple locations
- Flexible schedule and work environment
- Generous PTO, vacation and holidays benefits
- Love horses? Love the outdoors? Love people? – we have all of that. Every. Single. Day.
- Be a part of a unique mission where you witness incredible growth and healing through a loving, supportive environment unmatched anywhere else
- A minimum of 5 years management experience in a PATH International Accredited program.
Path International Advanced or Master Instructor preferred.
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, with superb attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Savvy, mature and emotionally intelligent; able to relate to people of differing ages and socioeconomic backgrounds with exceptional tact, discretion, and diplomacy.
- Proven experience developing successful business strategies to manage growth, create policies that support business development and create systems that support successful and smooth running of daily program.
- An understanding of and demonstrated ability in systems, strategic and analytical thinking.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with the ED and Board of Directors.
- Passionate about Agape’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy and values to external and internal stakeholders.
Ability to operate with minimal supervision with considerable latitude for independent judgment and actions in day-to-day program.
- Exceptional people management and team building skills
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and train management level employees
- Excellent technology & computer skills (ex: Google Drive, Salesforce, MailChimp)
- High degree of initiative
- Savvy, mature and emotionally intelligent
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude
- Communication skills, written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills