The time has come for Agape to add another superstar to the team as we continue to change the world with horses.
The time has come for Agape to add another superstar to the team as we continue to change the world with horses. The Site Manager (SM) oversees all aspects of daily programming operations at the assigned Agape Site (North in Cicero) and is responsible for overseeing that the most excellent equine-assisted services are provided to our clients through the development, management and administration of program components for therapeutic riding, horsemanship and related activities. The SM provides the day-to-day leadership and management of Agape programs to assure that participants experience the full benefits of equine-based activities. Participates in, and oversees, the instructional aspects of direct service to Agape’s program participants to ensure that programs are safe, effective, enjoyable, progressive and challenging. The SM is a proactive ambassador for Agape, effectively communicating our mission and the benefits of therapeutic horsemanship programs, growing community partnerships and awareness in the community.
We enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We’re motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually pushes us to be better and grow stronger. We’re looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. On top of that, we’re going to be pretty picky about your ability to lead, implement processes, and execute. We need a highly self-directed, goal-oriented, team player and leader (that’s a lot of buzz words) committed to Agape’s mission and vision.
Cicero, IN (North)
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
Primary Management Responsibilities
- Manage day-today activities of the program for Agape at assigned site
- Oversee the implementation of daily programs for assigned site to ensure all classes are properly and safely taught and supervised according to Agape’s values including lesson facilitation, volunteer management, and equine management
- Teach lessons as assigned and model excellence in facilitation
- Oversee the enrollment, re-enrollment, and record keeping of all Agape clients, including groups, for assigned site; collaborate and communicate with the Program Director (PD) and Finance Director to ensure accurate record keeping
- Communicate regularly with current rider families (absences, schedule changes, announcements) and listen to feedback to ensure quality program and satisfaction of lessons.
- Conduct intakes with new riders, determine eligibility, and schedule riders into appropriate class
- Work alongside Equine Director and Barn Coordinator, to ensure documentation of horse usage, horse scheduling, horse incidence reports, horse schooling, accident reports and any other required records are accurate and provided monthly to the Program Director
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, training and retention of volunteers for site under the leadership of the PD and in leading the Volunteer Coordinator
- Implement program evaluation protocols as assigned and directed by the PD at site
- Ensure program quality assurance protocols are followed as directed by the PD at site
- Actively seeks program/lesson input from instructors, and others in the field, for ways to improve program
- Actively pursue and develop collaborative partnerships with like-minded organizations to expand programming
- Assist the Executive Director and PD with building and maintaining contractual partnerships with local schools, hospitals, nursing homes, churches, etc.
- Assist with interviewing and selection of all site specific program staff and interns subject to the approval of the PD
- Plan and conduct site specific staff meetings with the PD
- Collaborate with staff from other sites for consistency and resource sharing
- Recommends program changes to PD to achieve goals of Agape’s strategic plan
- Represent Agape and North Site in local PR opportunities in the community
- Serve, along with the PD or ED, as Agape spokesperson in the event of a crisis situation
- Assist in maintaining relationships with vendors (feed, hay, vet, etc)
Servant Leadership + Culture Cultivator Responsibilities
- Lead by example. Be a servant-leader, always focused on how to serve your team members and clients. Place servanthood and excellence above all else.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement and learning through planning and incorporating various professional development opportunities for the program team.
- Supervise and lead the Program Team at Agape
- Regularly observe and coach Program Team during programming
- Provide regular performance feedback for Program Team
- Provide annual goal-setting evals for Program Team and recommend compensation revisions to Program Director
- Creates and oversees the work schedules for assigned team members
- Reviews time sheets of assigned team members and submits them to the Program Director. Also reviews and approves time off requests of assigned team members.
- Upholds a high level of fiscal stewardship through engaging in financial and budgetary planning as it pertains to programs and services at Agape such as:
- Assists the Program Director with development of the annual budget and specifically makes recommendations for program areas of the budget
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to allocate, track and report grant funds related to programming; responsible for collecting results for grant-funded programs and communicating results to the development team in a timely manner
- Fosters teamwork, trust, respect and open communications among program staff and all staff in general.
- Foster a culture of philanthropy, modeling Agape’s philanthropic values in relationships with donors and champions of our mission.
- Assists with and attends all Agape events and required meetings.
- Assists with and plays an active role in any expansion and/or strategic plans that are site specific or organization-wide.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- PATH Intl. Certified Instructor status preferred (or willing to become one).
- Excellent technology proficiency or ability to learn, specifically with web-based systems such as Google Drive + Salesforce.
- Extensive equine knowledge and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, teaching, and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills (nonprofit leadership experience preferred).
- Minimum 2 years experience in supervisory capacity.
- Minimum 4 years experience as riding instructor or teaching experience.
- Barn Manager at Agape North
- Volunteer Coordinator at Agape North
- Instructors at Agape North
Equine knowledge and Experience
Strong interpersonal, teaching and communications skills
Excellent leadership and team building skills
Able to follow through
Computer/technology proficiency (platforms such as Google Drive & Salesforce)