The time has come for Agape to add another superstar to the team as we continue to change the world with horses.
This position is essentially three parts: scheduling and coaching volunteers, teaching riders, and special projects assistant. Of course, we have different tools (read: cloud based technology) to help make each of these tasks more efficient and manageable, but the time has come for a dedicated person to take on these responsibilities full-time.
We enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We’re motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually push us to be better and grow stronger. We’re looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. On top of that, we’re going to be pretty picky about your ability to teach volunteers and riders, organize, communicate, and execute. Communication and organization will be crucial to doing this job well. We need a highly organized, self-directed, goal-oriented, tech-savvy, team player (that’s a lot of buzz words) committed to Agape’s mission and vision.
$30-35k + Benefits
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
Volunteer Coordinator ~20 hrs/wk
- Oversee the tracking of volunteer registration applications, annual volunteer registration form updates, Equiforce database for volunteers, name badges and hours in a consistent, organized, and accurate fashion.
- Screen, train, and coach volunteers in a manner appropriate to provide enough knowledge and experience necessary to assure quality, safe programming.
- Responsible for teaching monthly Volunteer Orientations for new volunteers.
- Schedule and follow-up with volunteers to ensure that lessons have appropriate coverage.
- Ensure that the volunteer training manual and materials remain updated annually.
- Monitor volunteer skill proficiency levels and oversee ongoing skill training opportunities including volunteer development days to meet Agape’s changing needs.
- Coordinate Corporate Volunteers and Work Groups with the collaboration of the Facility Manager.
- Provide volunteer appreciation activities, motivational opportunities and track feedback for volunteers, including bi-annual surveys; this includes Volunteer of the Year Nominations, Volunteer Appreciation, and other special occasions, enrichments & holidays.
- Provide tours to guests and visitors when appropriate.
Therapeutic Riding Instructor ~ 15 hrs/wk
- Communicate regularly with the instructional team regarding class progress, needs, successes, & concerns.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of the needs served by Agape, contraindications, and effective interventions
- Continually monitor instructional area and enforce safety rules and procedures
- Design and implement individualized rider lesson plans including goals and objectives (approx. 1/2 hour per assigned lesson per week)
- Assist in conducting student assessments as needed
- Oversee class volunteers, providing support and education as needed, and communicating concerns to the Site Manager
- Monitor and support assigned interns, regularly updating Site Manager
- Document client progress (1/2 hour per assigned lesson per week), communicating updates to caregivers
- Maintain rider’s files
- Complete incident reports as needed and update Site Manager appropriately
- Assist in maintaining an organized facility
- Assist with schooling horses as necessary and requested
- Maintain a working knowledge of equine first aid, common ailments, and issues with soundness
- Monitor the health and behavior of Agape’s equines, communicating any concerns to the Equine and Site Managers
- Maintain PATH International Registered Instructor status (at minimum)
- Remain up to date on and adhere to PATH International standards and procedures
Special Projects ~ 10 hrs/wk
- Assist with horse feeding
- Assist with special events
- Oversight and development of open house events.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PATH Intl. Registered Instructor status required (at minimum), additional or advanced certifications preferred
- Excellent technology proficiency or ability to learn, specifically with web-based systems such as Google Drive, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and various Social Media channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality control in work projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks; high ability to manage time and remain flexible to meet the unexpected needs of visitors and participants
- An authentic and mature relationship with Jesus Christ that is consistent in both one’s personal and professional environments
- Operations Director
Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and communications skills
Computer/technology proficiency (ex: Google Drive, Salesforce, Mailchimp)
Communication skills, written and oral
Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels within and outside Agape.
High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude
Organizational and time management skills
Attention to detail
High degree of initiative
Savvy, mature and emotionally intelligent