The time has come for Agape to add another superstar to the team as we continue to change the world with horses.
We enjoy coming to work; we love what we do. We love working with each other; we love our donors, riders and families, volunteers, and of course, our horses. We’re motivated by a larger vision, a purpose that continually pushes us to be better and grow stronger. We’re looking for someone that can not only do the job detailed below but share that same passion and drive. Someone who is humble and hungry to create amazing, life-changing experiences for others through partnering with horses. The ability to see the big picture but passionate about the nitty gritty details it takes to get there is essential. We need a highly self-directed, outcomes-oriented, team builder and leader (that’s a lot of buzz words) committed to Agape’s mission and vision.
Classification: Part-time hourly, approximately 25 hours/week, understanding that certain times of the year and month-end may require additional time
Compensation: $18-23.00/hr depending upon experience
Location: The Staff Accountant will work from Agape North in Cicero, Indiana
OUR VISION: Why we do what we do
We believe that lives can experience healing and joy in an environment where unconditional love and the wonderment of a horse connect, creating a haven for unbridled hope.
OUR MISSION: How we do it
Agape cultivates personal growth by strengthening the mind, body, and spirit through unique horse-facilitated experiences.
- Provide historical reference by following procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Keep Agape management and leadership teams, as well as the Board of Directors informed by reviewing and analyzing financial results; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Achieve financial objectives with the CEO by assisting in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Oversee the daily adherence to, as well as development and implementation of, Agape’s Finance Policies & Procedures which are reviewed and approved annually by the Board of Directors
- Oversee and lead the tasks and communications for annual audits or reviews
- Prepare required tax reporting
- Prepare monthly general ledger journal entries.
- Reconcile accounts as part of the month end close process, including balance sheet accounts, monthly accrual schedule, bank statements and online accounts.
- Prepare Biweekly payroll for review and submit upon CEO’s approval
- Record, track and release accurately restricted funds and pledges
- Responsible for all fixed asset accounting, tracking, documentation of additions and disposals in accordance with policies and procedures
- Create monthly financial reports for the Finance Committee, as well as internal department leadership
- Manage Accounts Payable records including reconciliation of credit card expense statements, obtaining proper expense approvals, timely payment of invoices and reconciliation to general ledger.
- Manage Accounts Receivable records including timely billing for services and pledge donations, performing collection process when needed, reconciliation to general ledger, and recommendation of bad debt write-offs.
- Responsible for bank deposits
- Maintain accurate electronic records of financial transactions
- Maintain Donor Management System (Bloomerang) and reconcile with Quickbooks
- Manage merchandise sales at Agape events
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2-3 years of accounting experience
- Experience in nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Strong understanding of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficiency with technology, including working knowledge of Quickbooks, Salesforce, Google Drive and Donor Management Systems.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to take ownership of a project and see it through from inception to completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and high expectation in customer relationships.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Able to work cross-functionally and manage/prioritize multiple tasks on tight deadlines.
- Experience in the field of Equine-Assisted Activities and Therapies preferred, but not required
- An authentic and mature relationship with Jesus Christ that is consistent in both one’s personal and professional environments
Computer/technology proficiency (ex: Google Drive, Salesforce, Mailchimp)
Experience with a donor management system (Bloomerang)
Communication skills, written and oral
Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels within and outside Agape.
High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude
Organizational and time management skills
Attention to detail
High degree of initiative
Savvy, mature and emotionally intelligent
Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and communications skills