Therapeutic Horseback Riding Services
General Safety Info
Agape strives to provide the safest possible environment for participants, volunteers, staff and visitors. Horses, however specially trained, can react unexpectedly. Working around and riding horses is a risky activity. Liability forms must be signed by ALL participants and volunteers. Things to keep in mind when coming to Agape:
- Individuals must have permission from an Agape Staff member to be onsite during non-business hours or break weeks. Scheduled appointments during business hours are preferred.
- There is NO SMOKING anywhere on Agape property.
- ASTM/SEI approved riding helmets are required for all mounted activities.
- Closed toed shoes are required when in working areas of the barn, arenas, and grooming areas.
- Be respectful of others, the horses, and the property
- Agape reserves the right to dismiss individuals acting in a manner that is deemed inappropriate or unsafe to ensure the safety and wellbeing of others.
INDIANA EQUINE LAW
According to Indiana Citation IN ST 34-31-5-1, An equine activity sponsor or equine professional is not liable for:
(1) an injury to a participant; or (2) the death of a participant; resulting from an inherent risk of equine activities. (b) subject to section 2 of this chapter, a participant or participant’s representative may not: (1) make a claim against; (2) maintain an action against; or (3) recover from; an equine activity sponsor or equine professional for injury, loss, damage, or death of the participant resulting from an inherent risk of equine activities.
Agape is committed to ensuring that all participants, volunteers, guests, and staff feel comfortable during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Agape has been following recommendations from the CDC to remain open and continue providing services safely. Please contact us for the most up to date “COVID Safety Plan.”
As an organization serving individuals with disabilities, Agape recognizes the importance of accessibility and is committed to improving accessibility to better serve others. We are always open to hearing recommendations if you find that our sites do not meet your needs. If you have questions or concerns about the accommodations at either of our sites please contact us.